Summer Intern - Research
Summer Interns are encouraged to:
- Think creatively, to work on projects that incorporate research, analysis and recommendations, offer their input, and add value to the team from day one.
- Focus on real-life on the job learning, with colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors throughout the 10-week program.
- Participate in a series of social and educational events designed to complement the experience with valuable opportunities for further learning and networking.
- Each Summer Analyst will also have the opportunity to review their professional development and receive detailed feedback on their performance, both at mid-summer and at the end of summer.
Requirements & Preferences
- Eager to make an impact on our clients by doing real, hands-on work.
- demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The work is fast paced, intense and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight
deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate.
- Have a strong academic background and be completing the third year of a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent program. Although a background in accounting or finance is helpful, we hire Summer Interns who have studied a variety of disciplines.
- Candidates must hold a valid work permit to work in Japan.
What we're doing.
For over 55 years, Jefferies has measured success just one way: We only win when our clients win. What makes this approach so important today is not just our dedication to it, but that these values and character of work have never been more important to our clients.
Jefferies provides insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and government entities. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
As what may be the last true, pure-play investment bank in the world, we still pride ourselves on a hands-on approach, lack of bureaucratic process or over-complexity of products, and the dedication of our first team to every client.
- For corporate clients, we are a top M&A and restructuring advisor and underwriter of debt and equity new issues
- Serving institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals, we are a leading provider of trade execution and liquidity in equity, convertible and high yield securities and a market maker of fixed income products
- Jefferies also offers top-tier wealth management, prime services and securities finance
- The firm has an award-winning research practice, covering equity, high yield and convertible securities.
Most of all, we never forget that what will distinguish us is not our range of capabilities, but one simple commitment:
Clients first, always.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
- paid internship