Architecture & Interior Design Intern
As an intern at Gensler's TOKYO office, you will join our creative environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately June 2019 and ending August 2019. You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project.
You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
Requirements & Preferences
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design; NAAB and/or CIDA accredited program highly preferred
- You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year
- You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
- Experience of using Revit required, Audo CAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3-D Max, and/or other modeling software)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability of speaking and Writing Japanese language a plus
- Hand sketching ability a plus
What we're doing.
Gensler is a global design and architecture firm focused on strategic research and design shaping the future of cities. Organized into 16 diverse practice areas with expertise covering a broad spectrum of industry sectors, Gensler delivers a wide range of project types for clients around the world, with an innovative research program seeking insights to help solve the world's most pressing challenges. An employee-owned organization that puts its people first, Gensler was recognized again in 2019 as a Glassdoor Best Places to Work. In 2017, Gensler generated $1.197 billion in revenue, the most of any architecture firm in the United States. As of 2018, Gensler's global platform operated offices in 48 cities in 16 countries worldwide, working for clients in over 100 countries.
Why we're doing.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs, and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry’s deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
This is a full-time paid internship. Not only will you have the pleasure of working with an amazing team but you will also gain experience in the worlds biggest architecture and design firm.