As a member of the data science team, and working alongside our technical experts, your role will be key to roll-out our different solutions to the clients. Your day-to-day will include:
- Set-up and deploy in production the data processing pipelines of our clients, including data reception in batches or in real-time, data cleaning, information extraction, calibration of fraud detection models, etc.
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, their feedbacks to improve our solutions
- R&D for product development and innovation (through machine learning, image analysis, NLP, trend analysis, chatbots…)
- Work closely with the sales team for prospects demo (and yes, that includes travelling worldwide!)
- Training of junior Data scientists
Requirements & Preferences
- You have a master’s degree in mathematics and Statistics, (a knowledge in machine learning and/or Big Data is a plus)
- You have experience in object-oriented programming
- You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details
- You can write quality production code
- You are comfortable dealing with clients
- You are fluent in English, Japanese is a strong plus.
What we're doing.
Shift delivers the first and only AI-native, SaaS+ fraud detection solution built specifically for the global insurance industry. We help carriers, adjusters and anti-fraud organization drive innovation and efficiency throughout the claims process, identifying and alerting on individual and network fraud across all lines of business with a 75% hit rate for potentially fraudulent claims - more than industry average.
Why we're doing.
Globally, 10-20% of all insurance claims contain some element of fraud. Until now, only a small fraction of that fraud was detected. Insurers were forced to balance between allocating time and resources to detect and investigate fraud with imperfect tools, or spending more on non-meritorious claims.
That’s why we built FORCE. It’s the first AI-native, SaaS-based fraud detection solution designed specifically for the global insurance industry. FORCE is trusted by the world’s leading insurers, and will process more than 200 million claims in 2019.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
• Full-time role, to start asap in Tokyo (Japan)
• Attractive compensation (depending on profile, experience and expertise)