Service / Sales Engineer Intern
· Commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems. This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
· Ensuring service providers have access to the required hardware.
· Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
· Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
· Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
· Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
· Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
· Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
· Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting.
· Frequent travel to perform onsite root cause analysis and training is possible.
· Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work.
Requirements & Preferences
· Technical knowledge or research experience in the renewable energy or related fields.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
· Exceptional communication skills in Japanese and English to interact with immediate as well as peripheral teams.
· Capability to work minimum 3 days per week; 5 days per week preferred.
· Eligibility to work in Japan.
What we're doing.
Today, Tesla builds not only all-electric vehicles but also infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products.
All Tesla vehicles are produced at its factory in Fremont, California, where the vast majority of the vehicle’s components are also made. To achieve our goal of having the safest factories in the world, Tesla is taking a proactive approach to safety, requiring production employees to participate in a multi-day training program before ever setting foot on the factory floor. From there, Tesla continues to provide on-the-job training and track performance daily so that improvements can be made quickly. The result is that Tesla’s safety rate continues to improve while Model 3 production ramps.
To create an entire sustainable energy ecosystem, Tesla also manufactures a unique set of energy solutions, Powerwall, Powerpack and Solar Roof, enabling homeowners, businesses, and utilities to manage renewable energy generation, storage, and consumption. Supporting Tesla’s automotive and energy products is Gigafactory 1 – a facility designed to significantly reduce battery cell costs. By bringing cell production in-house, Tesla manufactures batteries at the volumes required to meet production goals, while creating thousands of jobs.
And this is just the beginning. With Tesla building its most affordable car yet, Tesla continues to make products accessible and affordable to more and more people, ultimately accelerating the advent of clean transport and clean energy production. Electric cars, batteries, and renewable energy generation and storage already exist independently, but when combined, they become even more powerful – that’s the future we want.
Why we're doing.
Tesla was founded in 2003 by a group of engineers who wanted to prove that people didn’t need to compromise to drive electric – that electric vehicles can be better, quicker and more fun to drive than gasoline cars. Today, Tesla builds not only all-electric vehicles but also infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products. Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
· Contract type: Direct 3-month contract (renewed quarterly upon mutual agreement).
· Fulltime/part-time: Part-time
· Salary: 1200 yen/hour
· Work location: Akasaka Office