Translation, Marketing, Student Relations, etc.
- Providing translations for our various offices into English, Japanese, French, and/or Portuguese.
- Maintaining and managing the communities of our various social networks
- Aiding the creation of short documentaries and videos to expand our outreach and initiatives.
Student Relations (SRT)
- Providing support to our international students currently living in Japan.
Professional Network Development (PND)
- Working to expand our network in Sub-Saharan Africa, including maintaining our relationships with local ambassadors and providing career support for our Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholars
Undouka (Student Activities)
- Working with our Japanese Ashinaga scholars to help plan and execute our annual summer camps and fundraising events whilst promote a more global atmosphere at our student activities in Japan.
- Developing a community of internship alumni to facilitate Ashinaga’s international expansion and to raise awareness of our activities outside of Japan.
- Working with the Office of the Kenjin-Tatsujin International Advisory Council to oversee and manage the relationships on the council. The council includes VIPs such as ex-prime ministers, internationally acclaimed artists, and sitting politicians.
Requirements & Preferences
* The scholars you will have the possibility to work with are mainly university or soon-to-be university students.
* You do not need to be a current student to apply!
* For all non-native English speaking applicants, a TOEFL 100 or IELTS score of 7.5 or above (level of proficiency) is required (some positions require a higher level of proficiency). English language proficiency will be tested during the interview process.
What we're doing.
We provide comprehensive support and education to orphaned students so that may become compassionate citizens of the world who have the determination and ability to contribute to the betterment of humankind.
Why we're doing.
Ashinaga envisions a world in which:
All orphaned young people have equal access to education.
All orphaned young people are provided with emotional support.
Orphaned young people come together and support each other, forming a bond that extends across borders.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
- Economy Class Roundtrip Airfare (organised by Ashinaga)
- Accommodation in Japan (in shared dormitory rooms at Ashinaga facilities)
- Daily Light Breakfast & Dinner (at Ashinaga facilities)
- Weekly Stipend (7,000yen/week)
- Work-related travel expenses
- Data SIM-card for unlocked phones