1. Assist the senior auditor in planning and preparing for the audit, including updating engagement letters, researching clients and their business, updating current information, etc.
Perform audit procedures (mostly onsite at the client’s office and occasionally, at warehouses and plants for physical inventory counts) based on audit programs and other instructions provided by the seniors. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Gathering information through interviews and review of documents,
- Performing an analysis of this information,
- Determining additional procedures as deemed necessary,
- Preparing detailed but concise reports on the work performed and the conclusions reached,
- Communicating the results to the senior or manager (verbal and written), and
- Following up on outstanding work or issues.
2. The Junior Auditor will be responsible for delivering work papers and reports on specific audit sections within a clear time frame for review by the senior or other team members. The types of audit procedures vary depending on the assignment and the fieldwork objectives (e.g., review of internal controls, analytical review of financial information, tests of detail on sample items, etc.).
3. Research and analysis of various topics upon a request from other team members.
4. Occasional translation work may also be requested depending on the engagement.
5. Involvement in various non-audit tasks for the development of the overall organization, as well as the audit practice (e.g. development of audit tools, templates, etc.).
Requirements & Preferences
1. Knowledge of fundamental accounting standards (double-entry accounting, basic knowledge of IFRS).
2. Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills: the Junior Auditor demonstrates these problem-solving skills through an ability to identify and analyze potential issues and come to other audit team members with options and solutions instead of waiting for solutions to be systematically delivered by more experienced staff.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to organize his/her own work, prioritize tasks and keep in mind due dates, “open items” to be followed-up and cleared.
4. Proactive and team mentality
5. Understanding of basic research techniques and tools within both internal and external data sources.
6. Strong professionalism and work ethic
7. Good communication skills in Japanese and English
8. Strong English writing skills to produce meaningful reports or work papers (clear and accurate with good command of grammar and spelling).
9. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. CPA certification is not a requirement to apply, but a desire and willingness to obtain such certification (US CPA, ACCA, etc.) are a must.
What we're doing.
On one hand, Mazars is able to service its large international clients with assurance and dedicated tax services. On the other hand, Mazars is an important provider of one-stop outsourcing services, helping companies establish their businesses at the beginning and then helping them improve their performance over a longer time span.
Our professional services to our clients including Audit & Assurance, Tax, Financial Advisory Services, Consulting, and Accounting & Outsourcing (Accounting, Payroll, Corporate Secretarial).
Why we're doing.
Our global code of conduct is a practical guide to help all our people, regardless of age, position or country, to navigate difficult choices and make the right decisions, in line with our values.
It clearly states who we are, what we expect from our people and how we deal with our clients, stakeholders, and communities at large. In an intricate and fast-evolving environment, we use it as a moral compass for our daily activities, drawing the line between what is recommended or acceptable and what would put our reputation and other people’s trust at risk. We handle any breaches seriously and take appropriate action to uphold this code whenever necessary. By doing so, we will be a trusted firm, working for the collective interest, committed to our clients, our people and wider society.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks