- Collaborate with a diverse collective of talented people from multidisciplinary backgrounds to create holistic solutions to complex challenges
- Get exposure to and involvement with all aspects of the design process: user research, brainstorming, concept development, prototyping, production, and design stewardship
- Build empathy with users and translate research data into powerful, concise design solutions
- Help design physical and/or digital prototypes and not be afraid of getting your hands dirty
- Explore and define design opportunities and communicate the essence of these ideas through powerful storytelling
Requirements & Preferences
- Strong visualization and prototyping skills, from early concept sketches to final deliverables
- Ability to work across a range of projects in many industries and sectors
- Excellent storytelling, narrative, and communication skills especially around your craft
- Comfortable working within interdisciplinary teams
- Self-directed toward excellent work outcomes
- Contemporary software skills relevant to your design discipline
- 2-3 years of work experience in applicable areas of design
- Strong English verbal and written skills; Japanese language skills a plus
What we're doing.
As early leaders of human-centered design, we keep people at the center of our work. It's a key tenet of design thinking, and even as our methods evolve in response to new, complex challenges, we’re always designing solutions for people first. We’re building to learn, and learning as we build, through inspiration, ideation, and implementation.
Why we're doing.
Drawing upon decades of collective experience in human-centered design, IDEO now applies human-centered methodologies to the world’s most complex systemic challenges, from healthcare to government to education and more.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
IDEO values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, embrace ambiguity, talk less and do more, learn from failure, and make others successful.
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. We work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in both the design process and your career.
Design Internships at IDEO Tokyo are full-time and equitably compensated.