Under the guidance of the Head of the office, the Intern will be responsible for;
Research and analysis
- Conduct research and summarise information on topics such as country data, partner profiles and strategies, UNOPS projects and market trends
- Review, edit and translate documents assigned by the Head of Office
Administrative and secretarial support
- Support procurement and payment processes for office maintenance
- Support missions and event organization, including logistics, preparation of briefing materials and post-event summaries
- Assist the internal and external reports and publications
- Manage visibility items such as booklets, fact sheets, and envelopes
- Maintain and update intranet and website contents
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements & Preferences
- The applicant must be pursuing a university degree such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent), or have graduated from such studies within three years prior to the application date of the internship.
The preferred candidate would have a combination of degrees or pursuing studies in the areas of development studies, public policy and administration, international relations, economics, business, communications, engineering, or other related areas.
- The candidate should also have knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Office programs, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with G suite would be a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Japanese is required.
- Fluency in other UN languages, in particular Spanish and French, is an asset.
What we're doing.
UNOPS is focused on implementation and committed to UN values. We support our partners’ efforts to bring peace and security, humanitarian and development solutions to some of the world’s most challenging environments.
While UNOPS can expand capacity towards achievement of all the Sustainable Development Goals, focus is always defined by the needs of people, partners and countries.
Why we're doing.
- Our vision is a world where people can live full lives supported by appropriate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure and by the efficient, transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management.
- What drives us is a passion to fight inequalities and to provide opportunities to those most vulnerable. This means we often work in the most challenging environments, building foundations for communities to function and people to live with dignity and respect.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.