• Assist in drafting communications materials (e.g. writing press releases and briefing documents)
• Compile, track, summarise and report on media coverage
• Translate press releases and other key documents in English & Japanese
• Conduct background research on companies and topics
• Assist with maintaining contact lists, editorial forward features lists, and event calendars
• Assist with public affairs practice (e.g. research on Japanese political measure, regulator policy and media, and support for project management/events)
• Assist with financial communication and corporate reputation practice (e.g. development of investment community marketing plans, provision of strategic counsel on capital markets activity, distribution of press releases, research on market and media)
• Assist on new business initiatives (e.g. conducting research on prospects, creating and editing PowerPoint presentations and proposals, etc.)
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks as necessary
Requirements & Preferences
• University or graduate school student with a valid student ID.
• Fluency in English required, both verbal and written
• Fluency in Japanese required, both verbal and written
• Study or work experience overseas is preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent research, writing and organization skills
• Highly motivated and able to work easily in both team environments or independently
• Analytical approach to creating work product
• Social, enthusiastic and eager to learn and have an ability to work well within a team
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Competency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Working visa in Japan
Incumbent will be required to work full time Monday through Friday.
What we're doing.
FTI Consulting's Strategic Communications segment is a leading global communications consultancy. With more than 30 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to enhance and protect their enterprise value. We have a comprehensive view of strategic communications and have created an integrated suite of services to help clients address complex issues and reach multiple stakeholders, and we are a global leader in financial communications, corporate communications and public affairs.
Why we're doing.
With approximately 700 strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets around the world, we combine global reach with critical local knowledge across domestic and cross-border engagements. We have also built an unrivaled depth of industry and interdisciplinary expertise so clients have access to professionals who are focused on their particular sector, have a broad network of relationships with key influencers and provide communications counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and experience.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks