- Providing feedback on search results, advertisements and web page content. Your input helps technology companies craft a fun and useful experience for people who are searching for information around the world.
Requirements & Preferences
• Currently living in and legally permitted to work in Japan
• Access to a computer with a sound card and speakers, and/ or access to a smartphone that is less than three years old
• Access to a secure high-speed internet connection
• Basic level of computer operational knowledge, including experience using the internet and performing searches
• Good English writing skills
• Can speak, read and write in Japanese
What we're doing.
At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites. The world of tech is moving fast, and since our founding in 1996 we rose to the challenge by becoming a publicly listed company and by building an international team that works in over 130 countries and in more than 180 languages.
Why we're doing.
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts and earned us the first place ranking in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen with the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
You Might Fit This Role If:
• You are looking for a flexible work opportunity where you contribute to projects and grow your skills
• You use search engines every day
• You enjoy working independently
• You want to do internet-based work from home
• Web Search Evaluator positions are part-time (up to 20 hours per week) and highly flexible
• The usual position requires 1-4 hours of work per day, 5-7 days a week