- Assists with the delivery of various ratings projects through such tasks as gathering and collating data, preparation of data series and creative charting
- Works on various analytical and statistical assignments including preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modelling, which leads to first drafts of analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information
- Responsible for drafting meeting minutes as required, tags and prepares items for follow-up and proactively coordinates internally for resolution of outstanding issues. Schedules follow-up meetings and tracks completeness
- Attends project and other relevant meetings as an observer
- Monitors relevant news and appropriately flags relevant items/developments
- Proactively completes administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for project meetings, other internal and/or external meetings
- Japanese translation and review translation of English reports
Requirements & Preferences
- Bachelor's degree/MBA student. Ideally has started or completed CFA Level 1
- Good accounting background (e.g., coursework and/or relevant work experience in accounting)
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Experience in a relevant field.
What we're doing.
Moody's Investors Service is a leading provider of credit ratings, research, and risk analysis. Moody's commitment and expertise contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. The firm's ratings and analysis track debt covering more than 135 sovereign nations, approximately 4,800 non-financial corporate issuers, 4,100 financial institutions issuers, 17,600 public finance issuers (including sovereign, sub-sovereign and supranational issuers), 9,600 structured finance transactions, and 1,000 infrastructure and project finance issuers. Moody's Investors Service is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,200 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Why we're doing.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,200 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.