Associate Technical Consultant
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects.
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Understanding, utilizing, and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Installing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
Requirements & Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative fields.
- Academic or work experience with C, Java, Python or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
- Strong written & verbal English language communication skills & Japanese language
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and teamwork abilities.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Experience programming with the SAS language.
Knowledge of relational database systems and the SQL language.
Experience with big data technologies.
Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel internally and domestically as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
**This is an entry-level position. If you are being considered, please note that you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript. **
What we're doing.
We envision a world where everyone can make better decisions, grounded in trusted data and assisted by the power and scale of SAS® Analytics. When decisions happen at just the right moment, advancements are set in motion and the world moves forward.
Why we're doing.
Our mission is to make it easier for more people to use powerful analytics every day, to shorten the path from data to insight – and to inspire bold new discoveries that drive progress. The result is analytics that breaks down barriers, fuels ambitions and gets results.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
- As an Associate Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with consultants from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading-edge software, tools, and resources to develop solutions that address our customers’ computing challenges.
- To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Global Hosting and US Professional Services, you’ll attend a multi-week intensive technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching, and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.