Responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Project: Digital Mixer R&D (either of the following)D1) VST Plug-in FX development for Digital MixersP1) New User Interface proposal for Audio Mixing process with external controllers and/or VR / AR technologies
- D1) VST Plug-in FX development for Digital Mixers
- P1) New User Interface proposal for Audio Mixing process with external controllers and/or VR / AR technologies
- Participating in a development team, and collaborating with other members to achieve a project goal which materializes future Yamaha products
- Providing fresh and creative ideas to solve given problems
- Complying with Yamaha’s policies to ensure own safety and health
Requirements & Preferences
- Must be a senior or graduate student from an accredited university or a student in a Masters program. Minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Must have taken courses either in electrical engineering, computer science, physical sciences or mathematics.
- Must be able to work January to April 2020 for 10 12 weeks internship, and work full-time (M-F 8 : 15-17 : 00 or 9 : 15 18: 00) during the internship
- Experiences / Skills in the following: For D1) Required: Knowledge / Experience in C / C++ programming; Knowledge / Experience in audio DSP algorithm development, by using existing framework such as MatLab, iOS, VST SDK by SteinbergBasic knowledge in audio FX, used in live mixing or music production; Basic knowledge in analog electronic circuitry and acoustic engineering Desirable: Ability to play musical instruments; Experience in Live Mixing, Sound Reinforcement, audio processing, recording, DAW. For P1): Required: Knowledge and Experience in Rapid Prototyping - - - Desirable: Experience in Live Mixing, Sound Reinforcement, audio processing, recording, DAW
- Required: Knowledge and Experience in Rapid Prototyping
- Desirable: Experience in Live Mixing, Sound Reinforcement, audio processing, recording, DAW
- Eligible to work abroad (Japanese visa assistance available for interns with applicable passports)
- Must procure or maintain own travel/ medical insurance valid in Japan
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (CEFR C1 level). Basic communication in Japanese desirable
What we're doing.
Drawing on the strengths we have nurtured as the world's largest manufacturer of musical instruments, we are driving ahead globally in our three fields of musical instruments, audio equipment, and industrial machinery/components and other.
Why we're doing.
Sharing Passion & Performance
With our unique expertise and sensibilities, gained from our devotion to sound and music, we are committed to creating
the excitement and cultural inspiration together with people around the world.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
Yamaha Corporation, located in Hamamatsu, Japan, offers challenging engineering internships and we are looking for versatile and talented interns to join the Development Groups.
These are paid internships and will provide real-life experience at one of the largest and most dynamic musical instruments and professional audio product manufacturers in the world!
Internships are located in Hamamatsu, Japan and the length will be approximately 10 to 12 weeks.