Training to be Point72 Analysts.
*WEEK 1: Training Camp
Travel to New York to quickly learn the basic knowledge and skills you need to add value as an Analyst.
• Financial modeling
• Basic accounting
• Team projects
• Presentation training
WEEK 2-5: Real Team, Real Work
Move from the classroom to the desk. You’ll work on one of our Japan based investment teams to build on the fundamentals.
• Experience life as an Analyst
• Apply skills to real situations
• Develop sector expertise
*WEEK 6-9: Covering Companies
Continue your training in Japan with the Summer Analyst class for the remainder of the program. You will dive deeper into data analysis – using more sophisticated data sources and refining your models.
• Cover companies for earnings
• Rigorous modeling and financial analysis
*WEEK 10: Stock Pitching
The summer program ends in our Asia office with you pitching an investment idea and learning how well you did.
• Final stock pitch
• Celebration dinner
Requirements & Preferences
Apply now if you...
- will receive a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3/4.0 (or equivalent)
- are fluent (written and spoken) in English and Japanese
- are mature, extremely bright, self-motivated, and eager to learn
- demonstrate a passion for the capital markets
- have a fierce commitment to integrity
- can manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- have strong analytical, writing, verbal communication, and technical skills
*Applications will close on September 29th at 11.59pm JST. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are prepared. You will hear from us regarding your candidacy by November 11th.
What we're doing.
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.
Why we're doing.
Point72 rests on the inseparable principles of excellence and integrity - each reinforces the other to create a culture of opportunity.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
- Career Progression: Point72 offers you a clear path for a successful career based on your skills, abilities, and work ethic. The majority of our Summer Program participants receive offers to join the Academy Financial Analyst Program. Since the very first Academy Financial Analyst Program in 2015, every program graduate has been placed into a full-time role at the Firm.
- Students interested in investing careers who are graduating in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 are invited to apply to our 10-week summer program that runs from June through August 2020 in our New York and Asia office locations. You will learn through formal classroom instruction, placement on a real investment team, and time with your dedicated mentor – an Academy program alum or Financial Analyst.
- Point72 provides a competitive salary and visa sponsorship. Upon successful completion of your internship, you will receive first consideration for the full-time employment in the 2021 Academy Financial Analyst Program.