We are looking for an exceptional intern to join our team to help us find, support and collaborate with young changemakers ready to change the world.
- Search and engage for potential Ashoka Young Changemakers and changemaker schools through research, contact with nominators, etc.
- Revise received applications in terms of Ashoka's selection criteria
- Help create candidate profiles for submission to the International Board of Ashoka and have good writing skills.
- Be present at individual interviews with candidates
- Accompany Ashoka staff on field visits
- Facilitate collaboration between Fellows and Young Changemakers in the Ashoka Network
- Organize events, workshops or mentoring sessions for our Network
Requirements & Preferences
Ashoka interns are typically individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. The Young Changemaker Intern, in particular, will be responsible for producing a number of official documents and attending diverse events pertaining to Ashoka Young Changemakers and prospective Ashoka Fellows. Interns should therefore have:
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial ability
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, creative office environment
- Desire to cause systemic change and experience in the development space.
- Proficiency in English and good writing skills
- Profound qualitative analysis skills
- Great attention to detail
What we're doing.
Ashoka builds and cultivates a community of change leaders who see that the world now requires everyone to be a changemaker. Together, we collaborate to transform institutions and cultures worldwide so they support changemaking for the good of society.
Why we're doing.
Ashoka envisions a world in which everyone is a changemaker: a world where all citizens are powerful and contribute to change in positive ways.
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
- This is an unpaid internship
- Estimated hours required per week: 35-40
- The estimated duration of the project is: 1-3 months
- This position is On-site in Bangalore United States or Virtual
- The office can provide amenities to volunteers, such as Internet, Local travel expenses, Office space
*Ashoka believes in empowering its interns to take on their own initiatives while supporting ongoing projects. It is therefore important that Ashoka interns be self-starters with a true passion for the field of social entrepreneurship. Interns make up an important part of the Ashoka India office and are given a great deal of responsibility.