Market Associate Intern
The Market Associate Intern’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Expedia’s hotel product in their assigned market is competitive, attractive and relevant for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base. In doing so, Market Associate interns will also continuously work with Expedia LPS’ hotel partners to help them improve the marketing and distribution potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace.
By providing and analysing data specific to their market, Market Associates will work closely with hotel partners to:
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Educate hotel partners on the self-service features available on Expedia Partner Central
- Support Expedia’s business development efforts through smooth onboarding of new hotel partners
- Re-establish relationships with dormant hotel partners
- Support demand generation
- Support research to identify properties not currently listed on the Expedia marketplace
- There will be three main components to this Internship Program:
1. Training: various training sessions, inclusive of business skills training and Expedia-specific trainings
2. Project: the project will be assigned within the first 2 weeks of the internship. Interns will be asked to complete the assignment and make a presentation during the last few weeks of the program.
3. Understanding Daily Tasks: learn, understand, and experience first-handedly the daily tasks of Expedia’s Lodging Partner Services, Market Management
This role is the foundation of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
Requirements & Preferences
< Required Skills & Experience>
- Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
- 0-2 years of experience
- Eligibility to work in Japan
- Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year of study
- Drive for results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Please note that you are required to be flexible with locations as interns will be placed in any offices in Japan such as Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Okinawa and Sapporo
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Demonstrate ability to work based on a variety targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership team
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data driven decision making
<Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing skills>
- Proficiency in English and Japanese
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
<Build & Maintain Teams>
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
What we're doing.
Expedia Group is one of world's largest travel platforms. We help knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. We leverage our platform and technology capabilities across an extensive portfolio of businesses and brands to orchestrate the movement of people and the delivery of travel experiences on a both local and global scale.
Why we're doing.
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach.
1. We Will be Locally Relevant on a Global Basis
2. We Will be Customer Centric
3. We Will Attract and Engage the World of Travel Suppliers
4. We Will Power Other Industry Partners
5. We Will Continuously Improve Our Platform with Data and Tech
6. We Will be the Place where Exceptional People Who Share our Passion for Tech and Travel Want to do their Best Work
<Expedia Group’s Guiding Principles>
1. Put Yourself in the Shoes of our Customers and Partners
2. One Team, Group First
3. Have a Bias to Action
4. Relentlessly Strive for Better
5. Think Big and Small
6. Be Data Driven and Business Judgment Led
8. Be Open and Honest
Be Positive. Assume Positive Intent
Salary / Fringe Benefits / Perks
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.